Sunday, June 10, 2007

Craftiness has ensued...

We hosted a going away party for our friend, and Steve's colleague, Keren on Friday night. She is moving back to Israel to be closer to her family. Sad for us, happy for her. It was the first time that we were having people to our house, and we were worried about the seating situation. So, last weekend I went to the used furniture store and got a small club chair. It was ugly, of course, so I bought $12 worth of clearance upholstery fabric and attempted to make a slip cover. I did the whole pin-it-in-the-wrong-side-and-sew thing. After 6 hours, the result was a very misshapen and slightly passable slip cover. I made another pillow to cover up some of the mess. After all that, no one even sat on it. I guess it is for the best. Roxy likes it though.The party was the first time that we were able to see our friends Kate and Jeff. They had a little baby, Henry, at the end of April. Henry was born at 25 weeks, but is doing extremely well. I took the opportunity of seeing them to make a couple of little hats and a blanket. Being the sucky geologist that I am, I forgot to put something in the photo for scale. Each hat is about 3.5" tall. Hopefully Henry gets some good use out of them.

No comments: